Monday 10 January 2011

Pull Up a Chair.......

...........Firstly hello!  and thanks for stopping by my blog!  I can't promise it will be filled with humour or well versed etc but it will be me chattering on about my crafting, whether it be through gritted teeth when it just doesn't want to go well or sharing the triumphs of finished creations.

My name is Kirsty, I am a busy mum of 3 small people (all of whom are growing far too fast!)  I live with my partner Bob (he also has 2 small people that visit us regularly).  Our busy house hold is also ruled by the crazy antics of my 2 cats Phoenix and Zephyr where as the garden is ruled by M'Ladies - our 5 ex battery hens!  When I'm not at home crafting I work part time in a local pub restaurant and I am also an instructor with the army cadet force.

I was always creative growing up, usually found scribbling away in a corner or helping my grandmother with her sewing and so on.  Mum was also an inspiration with the crafts, when I was younger she did hours upon hours of cross stitch, latterly she steered towards card making on a big scale.  My grandmother tried to teach me to knit when I was younger but it didn't go so well!  On the other hand I started cross stitching when I was 12 and have stuck with that on and off right up to today!  I taught myself to crochet after I had my 2nd child in 2004 using online resources and books etc.  Following on from that I picked up the pointy sticks and something clicked!

For me now I craft for pleasure, I love to just wittle away an evening curled up with some knitting, crochet or cross stitch.  I also do some sewing now and then, predominantly small comfort blankets with taggy ribbons for babies etc.  The other craft I took up in a big way is beading.  I have an enormous bead stash and a vast array of hand made earrings, phone charms and stitch markers lurking in a drawer!  That is just to name a few of the items I have stashed away that I've made!  I do have a web site (see my links to the right) Rainbow Crafts, I also sell on ebay (link is also over to the right) I would love to do more with it and sell more etc but it seems I'm missing a niche somewhere or just going about it all the wrong way!  But I keep trying and pottering and we shall see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment