Monday 10 January 2011

Diamonds - A Girls Best Friend?

So they say anyway!  I have to disagree tonight!  I'm currently clicking away at a summer top that I started in June 2009 (yes I am a bit lapse at times!)  It's a nice simple halterneck top, the pattern has been beautifully clear to follow.....Until now!  I've never used charts before and this pattern has a charted section for the diamond detail on the front!  Add to that my novice with cables and Diamonds are not my friend tonight!  I'm winging it and so far I think it's going as it's supposed to be!

On the plus side I still love the pattern and am determined I'll have it done for summer this year.  The yarn is a discontinued Debbie Bliss - Stella, it's a very soft silk, cotton rayon mix that is a pleasure to knit with and gives beautiful stitch definition.  I've attempted to capture a pic to show it off!


No comments:

Post a Comment